Friday, December 28, 2018

Having Fun with Toys

The dolls wanted to show off all their Christmas presents, but decided that it would be enough just to show you their favorites, so each doll picked one favorite to be photographed with. They started with the youngest: Billy.


"I love my new sled," Billy said. "It's wonderful! I can hardly wait to use it." Then he looked a little sad. "If we ever get snow!" he sighed.
"Don't worry, Billy," Veronika said. "In a few days we will all go up the mountain and play in the snow while Jolena skis."



This cheered Billy up, and he looked happy again.
Mariah was next. "I asked Santa for a doll that looks like me," she said, "and look what I got!" She posed with her doll.


"She's really cute," said Charlotte, as Mariah took the doll carefully out of the box. Charlotte picked up the box to put into the recycling bin.
"She will be fun to play with, too," Mariah sighed and asked for one more photo with her new doll out of the box.


Jolena was next. "My favorite present is this mixing bowl," she said. "I love to cook, and this bowl is heavy enough so it won't slide around when I'm stirring. It's yellow ware, and it's real!"
It was so heavy, she decided to sit on the floor with it to have her photo taken.


"Besides, it's pretty!" said Veronika, who recognizes pretty things.
It was Charlotte's turn next. "My feet don't reach the ground when I sit in the little chairs that are still too big," she said. "This footstool isn't only useful, it's cute as well," Charlotte said. "I love sheep," she added. She brought a chair over to the tree, so she could demonstrate.


When it was Mandy's turn, she picked the beautiful yarn she had received. "I can hardly wait to knit something with it," she said. "It's my favorite color!"


"Every color is your favorite color," laughed Veronika.
"That's true," agreed Mandy. "I guess my favorite color is the one I have in front of me. I love that they're all different!"

Veronika was last. "My favorite gift was given to me by Mandy," she said. "It's this book. It's all about Mr. Rogers. I'm a big fan of Mr. Rogers."


"He's my favorite philosopher (fill-aw-sih-fur)," she added, pronouncing it very carefully. "That's someone who shares wisdom with us."

Mariah came and sat down on the sled next to Billy, who scooted over a bit to make room for her. "May I try your sled sometime?" Mariah asked.



"Sure," said Billy. "We can take turns, if it ever snows. It will be fun!"
"Maybe we can ride on it together, too," Mariah suggested.
"Then if we get too cold, we can come inside and play with your doll, if that's okay," Billy said.



"I didn't know you liked dolls," Mariah said.


"Dolls are toys, and toys are fun," Billy explained. "You can use your imagination with dolls. I like dolls. In fact, I am a doll. I'm a boy doll."


They both laughed. "You're right," agreed Mariah. "There are toys that are fun to ride and toys that you can pretend things with. Boys like to pretend, too, and girls like to ride on sleds."
"Sharing is fun," said Mariah. "That way we have twice as many things to play with."
"You're right," agreed Billy. "Sharing is fun, but I will always ask you if I can play with your doll before I do it."
"Thank you," said Mariah. "I will always ask you if it's okay to use your sled before I use it."




Billy may not have been long out of his box. Billy might be a boy, but he's a boy with sisters, and he knows dolls are fun to play with. Mariah likes to play with dolls, but she likes cars and trains, too, and sleds. She knows that boys and girls can enjoy the same kinds of toys. They are both smart dolls, and they get smarter every day.

Jolena called from the front window. "Look, everyone! It snowed."
Billy picked up his sled. He and Mariah were the first two out the door. "Come out and play with us in the snow, everyone!" Billy cried.
"Yes," exclaimed Mariah. Come see the snow! Come out and play!"



Cast--
Jolena: Götz Happy Kidz Lena in Aspen
Veronika: Götz Classic Kidz Vroni
Mandy: Götz Happy Kidz Katie 2015
Charlotte: Götz Happy Kidz Anna in Paris
Mariah: Götz Happy Kidz Mariah, "Chosen" from My Doll Best Friend 
Billy: Götz Happy Kidz Lily of London



Note: No dolls were harmed during production of this blog. All dolls shown are Götz Happy Kidz or Classic Kidz. If you like these stories and are willing, please make a donation of any amount to a charity that supports pediatric cancer, such as CURE Childhood Cancer or St. Baldrick's Foundation.
Sled purchased from Rowdytown.
“The Doll’s Storybook” is not affiliated with Gotz Dolls USA Inc. or Götz Puppenmanufaktur International GmbH.


Watch for the next story each Friday afternoon at 2:00 PM Pacific Time.



Copyright © 2018 by Peggy Stuart 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful Christmas Story about family and sharing, Peggy! Hahahahahaha, somehow I knew Mandy would receive yarn or a fun knitting item for Christmas!
    What a great surprise with the snow! Happy New Year, Stuart Clan!

    ReplyDelete

Good Friends

The doorbell was ringing and there was tapping on the door, both at the same time!  Billy rushed to the door. It must be some kind of emerge...